[RUME] Satirical Essays By Diana Senechal and Arnold Arons

Richard Hake rrhake at earthlink.net
Sun Oct 7 23:12:13 EDT 2012

Some subscribers to RUME might be interested in "Satirical Essays By
Diana Senechal and Arnold Arons." The abstract reads:

(c) "An expert visit to the cognitive domain" [Arons (1984)], online
to subscribers of "The Physics Teacher" at <http://bit.ly/LdVDtY>.

Arons was influenced by Frank Sullivan's <http://bit.ly/SV48uk> "Mr.
Arbuthnot," the cliche expert, who futilely battled the banal in
popular writing. Fortunately, Arbuthnot lives on in essays by Ben
Yagoda (2001?) <http://bit.ly/UvHSxV> "24/7 With the Cliche Expert"
at <http://bit.ly/TaI9ET> and Frank Prial (2006)
<http://bit.ly/R7OPPz> "Wine talk: Rolling out those chewy behemoths"
at <http://nyti.ms/Q1IyWt>.

And also - you know -  having said that, in real time and for texters
and googlers, the bottom line is that the imperial concerns of the
real-time marketplace demand use of awesome, amazing, and
game-changing cliches not only prior to, but at the end of the day,
around the clock, and 24/7.

To access the complete 15 kB post please click on <http://bit.ly/PMqXzt>.

Links to Articles: <http://bit.ly/a6M5y0>
Links to Socratic Dialogue Inducing (SDI) Labs: <http://bit.ly/9nGd3M>