[RUME] Faculty position in mathematics education

Laurie Cavey lauriecavey at boisestate.edu
Mon Oct 15 16:54:53 EDT 2012

Colleagues,

Please share the following position announcement with those who may be
interested. Contact me for additional information.

Thank you!

Laurie Cavey

-----------------------------------

Boise State University invites interested applicants for a tenure-track
position in Mathematics Education at the Assistant or Associate Professor
level to become a part of our team to continue our quest toward becoming a
Metropolitan Research University of Distinction. We seek a colleague whose
research and service interests will have an impact on reforming mathematics
education and who is interested in a position that values both teaching and
research. The position involves significant collaboration with other
faculty and making a commitment to support local teachers and begins August
2013.

*You will have the opportunity to:*

·       Teach mathematics courses for prospective teachers (elementary and
secondary)

·       Teach graduate courses for secondary teachers

·       Redesign mathematics courses for Boise State’s UTeach replication
program

·       Collaborate with faculty in various aspects of the position
(teaching, research, and service)

·       Conduct research and engage in scholarly activity in mathematics
education, including publication

*At a minimum you should have a:*

·       Doctorate in mathematics education

·       Substantial background in mathematics

·       Potential for research in K-12 mathematics education, for a
position at the assistant professor level

·       A strong record of scholarship in mathematics education, for a
position at the associate professor level

*The preferred candidate will have:*

·       K-12 teaching experience

·       Success with federally-funded grants

*If you are interested in this position: *Apply online at *
https://www.mathjobs.org/jobs/jobs/4160*. Please submit a letter of
application indicating your interest and qualifications for this position.
A current CV, three reference letters, and transcripts are also required.
See *http://math.boisestate.edu/* for details about the application process.

Questions about the position should be forwarded to:

Dr. Laurie Cavey, Chair

Mathematics Education Search Committee

Search #* *AS-0010-23

lauriecavey at boisestate.edu

208-426-1829

* *

Review of applications will begin November 15, 2012 and will continue until
finalists are identified. Applications received after that point may be
considered if the position is not filled from the finalist pool.

*About the University:  **http://www.boisestate.edu/ *

* *

*About the City of Boise:
**http://www.boisechamber.org/*<http://www.boisechamber.org/>
* *

* *

*Boise State University is a smoke-free campus.*

* *

*Boise State University is strongly committed to achieving excellence
through cultural diversity. The University actively encourages applications
and nominations of women, persons of color, and members of other
underrepresented groups. EEO/AA Institution, Veterans preference.*

Laurie Overman Cavey
Assistant Professor, Mathematics Education
Graduate Coordinator, M.S. in Mathematics Education
Department of Mathematics
Boise State University

Office: Math/Geo 238 B
208.426.1829